Project - Based Learning Modules! ~ Engineering & the Design Process: Real-World Classroom Resources You can use for your classroom!
According to the Teaching Channel (2016), "The Boeing Company and Teaching Channel have been working together since 2014 to create problem-based curricula inspired by the science and engineering innovations at Boeing and informed by globally competitive science, math, and literacy standards. These modules are being released as part of a collection of K-12 education resources under development to celebrate the 100th anniversary of The Boeing Company."
The following modules were designed for students in grades 4-8, however, that does not mean that they cannot be adapted for use with high school students!
The modules include:
1. Polymers for the Planet: Design Challenge ~ Create and test a bioplymer formula.
2. Alternative Energy: Design Challenge ~ Test blade design to optimize a wind turbine.
3. CubeSats: Design Challenge ~ Create cubesat satellite models and payloads for specific missions.
4. Spy Gliders: Design Challenge ~ Test a glider payload that supports a mobile camera.
5. Biosuits: Design Challenge ~ Design biosuits to meet various environmental demands.
6. Soft Landing: Design Challenge ~ Model and build a space capsule test tower and drop test using an electromagnetic switch.
7. Mission to Mars: Design Challenge ~ Adapt a parachute design to facilitate reentry of a bottle rocket capsule.
8. Bolt Catcher: Design Challenge ~ Adapt a skateboard to absorb maximum energy on impact.
9. Quieter Cabin: Design Challenge ~ Develop a model that shields exterior sounds.
10. Composites: Design Challenge ~ Build a lighter, stronger, and better composite.
Please refer to my Library/i-Media Science Resources page for a list of Science Resources I have curated for you.